On a recent case at We Computing, a laptop was starting up windows but it was not responding in the normal mode but it was working in the safe mode, after running diagnostics by our engineers the problem they encountered was the fault in the hard disk. We gave the customer a quotation and then the customer agreed with the price and then we started the process of repair. The process started off by replacing the hard disk with a brand new one, then installing the windows operating system the customer had before along with the drivers. The engineers managed to repair the laptop same day. After the repair had been complete the customer wanted to recover the data from the faulty hard disk, and then we opened a separate case to recover the data.
When a hard drive starts spinning, and then you hear a clicking noise with a constant or intermittent sound while unsuccessfully trying boot or be recognised by your computer, usually this is a sign of damaged or crashed heads inside the hard disk drive. It means the drive needs to be opened in a class 100 clean room environment in order to do a data recovery.
Don’t try to open the drive by yourself (use a data recovery service in London) and best not to keep trying to connect the hardware (hard disk drive ) to your computer or a power source you could damage the platters making your data hard to recover.
Use a data recovery service at in the end of the day ask yourself a question, is your data important?
Hard disk drive data recovery should bring your data as it was , get in touch with our data recovery service in the centre of London and we defiantly will help 020 7580 8496
Well first first of all you need to ask yourself two questions
1. How is important is your data to you? 2. Do you have some IT skills?
Before we start our advice and tips, please always seek some professional advise!, if you have a hard disk that is clicking or making any strange noise or have liquid spillage, or you have dropped it then defiantly you do not want to make the situation worse so get it to professional data recovery centre. There are data recovery companies in London who offer a totally free estimate and we are happy to tell you we are one of these companies .
We will be talking about troubleshooting an external usb hard disk which stopped working:
1. Check if the power is going to the hard disk therefore check the electric socket and the ac adapter .
2. Try to switch the hard disk off and then after 30 seconds or so switch it on and test
3. Try to use a different usb socket (where is the hard disk is plugged ) , if it is still not showing up
4. Try to turn your computer off and on and then plug the hard disk in and test
Things not to do unless you want to learn :
- No to put your hard disk in the fridge or in the oven!
- Do not try to open it yourself , it will cost you nothing for a data recovery engineer to test it for you .
- Do not try to shake the hard disk
The Good news is very often that data on a failed hard disk or media are recoverable